Lunes, Nobyembre 25, 2013

Me After You by Mindy Hayes


A Contemporary Romance

Widowed at twenty-five, Sawyer Hartwell has no choice but to return to her hometown. Broke and alone, the intention was to heal and find herself again, but how can she heal in a place filled with so much sorrow and memories she yearns to forget?

Dean Preston has regretted leaving Willowhaven since the day he rode off on his motorcycle six years ago, destroying the only love he had ever known. Returning too late, he's found small comfort in a new life with Lily, but with Sawyer back he's not sure of anything anymore.

The time has come for Sawyer and Dean to face the past, to learn from their mistakes. The road to healing is paved with old wounds, each one threatening to tear them down completely. Carrying their own scars close to their hearts, they must both confront what's gone before or lose their second chance.

The measure of who we are is what we survive. Who we become is up to us.



MY REVIEW
 

There are two songs, singing in my head when I read this book, The Art of Letting Go and First Love Never Dies.

"Put away the pictures, put away the memories
I put over and over through my tears
I've held them 'til I'm blind, they kept my hope alive
As if somehow that I'd keep you here
 
Now here it comes, the hardest part of all
Unchain my heart that's holding on
How do I start to live my life alone
Guess I'm just learning, learning the art of letting go"


- The Art of Letting Go by Mikaila


Letting go of someone special to you is really, really hard! I can't imagine the unbearable hurt and devastation that Sawyer felt when she lost her husband in a tragic way. I feel the emptiness she felt, the loneliness, the hurt. Being with someone who is almost perfect and accepted you with all his heart suddenly gone... How can you move on with the memories of him buried inside you? But going back to her hometown will only adds up the heavy feelings she have when she meet again the person who broke her heart and still carry it with HIM, Dean.


"Maybe first love never ever dies
That's why I'm still in love with you
Hold me close and look into my eyes
And tell me you don't feel it too
The way it used to be when you told me
It would be forever, you and me together"


- First Love Never Dies by Eugene Wilde and Joanna Wilder

Does first love really never dies? In this story I'm a believer that even after so many years apart it would still exist between two people who cherished each other so deeply. But can you forgive the person that leaves you behind, the only person you love unconditionally? The irony of the story is what if the person you fell in love already belong to someone else? Urgh! I'm torn!

The story of Me after You is about Sawyer who lost her husband and lost her first love. Her struggles to move on and to start a new life without complication. But destiny has other plans for her, when she reunited with her first love.

The story is well written and very clear. It was full of emotions, you will cry and laugh. I love the story line and the flow of it, fast pacing and page turner, you wanna know what happens next to them, what's the reason/secrets of Sawyer and Dean, it is very addicting.
I love the characters in the story, hope Alix and Aiden will have their separate stories cause I love their chemistry and Alix hope to find someone like her in my life lol to make my life even brighter. It was written in Sawyer's and Dean's point of view which is nice because you will know the different story of the two.  

All in All it is a nice beautiful love story. Love it and looking forward for more from Ms.Mindy Hayes. Kudos!

Add to your TBR list: Goodreads
 


Please See and Like My Page: Crazy about Bookz

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento